- 1 jar of Pataks ‘Madras’ cooking sauce
- 15 oz chickpeas
- 1/2 – 1 cup of toasted (salted or not) cashews
- 1 granny smith apple chopped (optional)
- 5-10 dates chopped or 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups cooked basmatti rice
- 3-5 raw cashews ground in a coffee grinder (optional to control the heat)
Empty jar of Pataks ‘Madras’ cooking sauce in a medium sized pot. Rinse out the jar with 1/2 cup of water and a bit more if necessary. Drain the chickpeas and rinse in cold water, add to the pot, add the chopped apples, and dates or raisins if desired. Get the sauce to a gentle boil and reduce heat. Add the roasted cashews, put the lid on and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes. Add more water if sauce is too thick, and mix thoroughly. If the sauce is too hot for you to handle, then you can add the ground cashews to reduce the spiciness of the sauce. Serve over rice, and you have your 15 minute easy peasy curry dinner!!